On June 11 I purchased a 2 year renewal of my McAfee Anti virus…

Customer Question
On June 11 I purchased...
On June 11 I purchased a 2 year renewal of my McAfee Anti virus program. On June 12th I had some technicians working on my computer and they damaged the program to the point they felt, in order to keep my computer protected, they had to uninstall it and installed in it's place another antivirus program. My name isXXXXX and I have a receipt for the renewal for a cost of $21.64 charged to my Mastercharge credit card and was wondering if I could get a replacement for the program which is now totally gone or at least use the 21.64 toward the purchase of a new program? Please contact me [email protected] or telephone me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I would appreciate a response.
James A Driy
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Yes, you may redownload and install your purchased McAfee product accordingly.

In order to download and install McAfee in your system:

From www.mcafee.com:

1. Go to http://us.mcafee.com.
2. Click Support at the top of the screen.
3. Click My Account.
4. Enter the email address and password you originally registered with and click Log In.
5. Find the product and click the blue arrow under Download/Install.
6. Wait while the service downloads.
7. After it is downloaded, follow the prompts to install the service.

OR

From www.mcafeestore.com:

1. Go to http://www.mcafeestore.com/mcafee/cs.
2. Enter your order number and password XXXXX the Quick Order Lookup box at the top right, and click Find.
3. Click Download.
4. Click Save and choose where you would like to save the product. We recommend saving the file to your Desktop for easier access.
5. After choosing the location on the Save As screen, click Save and your download will begin.
6. Once the transfer is complete, go to the location to which you downloaded the program and double-click on the file to begin installation.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the McAfee product.

Hope it helps.

Regards