Window7 Problems My son installed Windows 7 on my computer…

Customer Question
Window7 Problems My son installed Windows...
Window7 Problems

My son installed Windows 7 on my computer (Acer laptop with vista) at my request. Now I have no documents and no programs and it will not let me reinstall Office 2007 Student edition, Eset, etc.
I copied programs from the old windows into the new windows programs but the programs do not display.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Do you get any error/message when trying to install the programs you want to use?

Regards
The program freezes and will not install.
I see; are you trying to install it from a disc?

Regards
yes I am using original vendor discs for all installations.
Okay ...and I assume it freezes for all of the installations?

Regards
Yes
Okay ..as a test, please insert your Office disc first, then go to Start > Computer, right-click on your disk drive and select 'Explore'.

In the folder window that comes up, is there a Setup application file present?

Regards
I was able to install office by skipping the product key entry. I still need to see if I can install eset. In all cases the setup file is viewable and starts and then stalls. With Office once I entered the product key the next step to enter it would be blocked.
Please try running the setup as administrator (right-click > Run as administrator), and check if you can get it to work that way.

Regards