My Toshiba Laptop Computer will sometimes come up when turn…

Customer Question
My Toshiba Laptop Computer will...
My Toshiba Laptop Computer will sometimes come up when turn it on and sometimes will not using AC or battery. I hav just installed a new battery and it was charging up with AC power. The green lights come on when it is turned on but the screen is black. sometimes it comes on and starts up. If I touch it AC cord on the back when it is running it turns off. Any ideas?

Model # XXXXX M35x s111, part # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX

Volney Ferguson, [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Satchi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Remove the battery and connect the AC charger directly and press the power button and let me know what happened

and also check the DC jack where the chrger is inserted ,that might be loose

Thanks & Regards

Satchi
the Charger is built in to thr computer When I remove the Battery and go straight to ac it still does the same thing . The lights come on but no diaplay
The motherboard seems to be faulty ...

You need to replace it
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Tech Support Specialist: Andy, Computer Consultant replied 8 years ago
Andy, Computer Consultant

Please answer all these questions 1 to 4 point by point.

1. When you press the power button to turn it on, do you see any thing on screen, like the Boot up screen or something like that. Or is it completely blank (black color) always.

2. Can you see a faint image of your desktop (try to see it in dark place with flash light). This is important to confirm.

3. Also, when you press power button, do you see the LED lights on laptop blinking or solid green (which ones are in blinking/solid) and do hear any sound ? Or do you feel that your laptop doesnt even try to boot.

4. Can you hear any Beeps when you try to turn on the computer. If yes, what is the sequence of those beeps.