all of my icons are missing from my desk top

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Welcome !

If this answer does not work.I will keep helping you and If i cannot help you,
You will be refunded or referred to other expert

Click on start-?programs ->accessories and then choose system tools and then choose system restore

Choose a date when you had your icons
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer

Try this,
Right Click on your Desktop, bring cursor over Arrange Icons By and click Show Desktop Icons.

Check if all your desktop icons are visible now.
Let me know,if my answer solved your issue or ask me if you have any query
there is nothing on my desktop to click , no start programs
Tech Support Specialist: Freddy M., Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
I apologize for the other 2 experts. Can you tell me do you see the mouse pointer on the screen still when this happens?

yes i do have a mouse pointer

Thank you very much. This usually happens if the explorer process had trouble starting. Please press ctrl+alt+delete on the keyboard to open the task manager. Then click on the processes tab at the top. In the list look for a process called explorer.exe (if it's not there skip the next step). Once you have found it click on it and then click on end process. Next click on file and then new task. Type in explorer.exe and then click on the ok button. Once you have done this please let me know the results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.