When attempting to download Flash Player 10.1, I receive a…

Customer Question
When attempting to download Flash...
When attempting to download Flash Player 10.1, I receive a pop up message that says "unable to load a gui"
[email protected]

flash Player 10.1
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Tech Support Specialist: joytinu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
hi
GO TO THIS SITE AND SEE IF IT DOESN'T START AUTOMATICALLY: DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

that getPLUS error is from the updater that came with an adobe software. try uninstalling it if you find it in Add/Remove Programs and then in mozilla, uninstall or disable any plug-in named getPlus. then don't download getPLUS software anymore.

also, download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Have you tried the standalone EXE installer in http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166 ? So far I've only seen this post about getting an 'unable to load a GUI' error, and one other on google. I suspect this has something to do with the new Adobe Download Manager. I'll ping the download manager team, they might have an idea. But there is a standalone installer that you can run in the above technote, in the middle. Try that.

Keep in mind that you also have the option of opening a web support case (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact ). But you'll still have to do the troubleshooting involved, which is basically similar to what I sent you to earlier.

Honestly in some cases it's just easier to take your machine to a local professional and have them fix it.

Tech Support Specialist: Molinari, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Looks like he gave you a bad link and failed to check it....
I apologize for their ineptitude, go here and when it's done, double click it to install it.

http://tinyurl.com/2frdrgx

Let me know how you make out.

Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome.

Please click on the below link to directly download the flash installation file which should bypass the error message.

http://tinyurl.com/q984af

Save it to your desktop and then double click it to install.

If you are still encountering difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please excuse the duplication, the file is here:

http://bit.ly/1axNMP

Let me know how you make out.