I have a couple of questions, and hope you will be able to…

Customer Question
I have a couple of...
I have a couple of questions, and hope you will be able to help me again. I have a SimpleTech ext hard drive, USB, 96300-41001-170, 1 Tbyte, I have been trying to use for backups. It came with a backup facility which I could never seem to get working, so I tried backing up with Norton Ghost 14 to it. Seemed to be successful, I never seem to be able to restore from any of the many backups I made. So, what do you recommend for future backups, and how can I get a restore from Ghost. If I pick on restore there are no backups available ( I am guessing Norton is not searching all files).
Other question, I have installed Perfect Optimizer, and it seems to work by blowing away bookmarks, and other files. Kind of annoying, should I just live with it. Every day, it finds lots of new stuff to fix, and my score goes from 94 to 97 up to 99 (excellent?) I see comments on the web that removing Perfect Optimizer is very difficult since it has multiple "back doors". What is your advice. Fred Koch
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Im suremany other websites will recommend to purchase this or that backup..

Usually because they get refferal fees, commisions, or advertising dollars out of it,.

My best advice.. Dont use any backup program..

Most of them dont work as advertised.. You think you have files backed up.. and when your computer crashes and you think your safe.. your not..

I prefer to manually copy the files i want to back up to my hard drive..

Its safer,, takes a little longer.. but always works..

Other then that..

the only actual program i trust is

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

whats good about it??

it doenst just back up files..

It takes a image of your computer .. exactly how it is.. and if you need to..

lets say windows crashed.. this program will actually restore the computer to exactly how it was before the crash.. files and all..