I cant open my aol mail. It just keeps running and I cant…

Customer Question
I can't open my aol...
I can't open my aol mail. It just keeps running and I can't sign off unless I use CNTRL-ALT-DELETE and then it takes several tries. Need to talk to someone.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

You can also access your AOL mail using Internet Explorer.
Open Interent Explorer and type http://webmail.aol.com/ in the address bar and press enter. It takes you to the login page where you have to enter your credentials and log into the site to access your mails.

Could you check if you are able to access your mails properly using Internet Explorer ?

Can you tell me your operating system and which version of AOL software are you using ? Is it AOL 9.5 ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Yes I can access my mail properly going through Internet Explorer. Also I currently have AOL9.1
I assume I am waiting for another answer from you or am I not responding properly. Can I download the newer AOL9.5 from the internet?
Well it has been a long and we are getting no where. I can not open AOL except through the Internet. Still not sure if it is the AOL p[rogram or my computer. This is not saitisfactory. I need someone to talk with. Is there a phone num,ber I can call/ I pay $23.95 a month for AOL so I would hope to get as l;ittle better service than this. Why isn't there a phone number for paying customers.
HiCustomer

Sorry for the late response..
Yes, Your guess is correct.
The problem is definitely with your AOL software.

Before, downloading AOL 9.5 , you have to completely un-install the AOL 9.1 from your computer.
It has been noted that , AOL even after un install from the computer, leaves behind a lot of files and registry entries in your computer.So, these entries will cause trouble again if you install AOL.

Before doing this step, can you tell me - what is the operating system on your computer ?

Just wanted to check on the status of your problem.
Have you tried installing AOL 9.5 in your computer ?
Did it fix your problem ?