Just hooked up a 26 LCD HDTV to my computer (Windows 7). Doesnt…

Customer Question
Just hooked up a 26"...
Just hooked up a 26" LCD HDTV to my computer (Windows 7). Doesn't fit on my screen. I can't see the bottom or top bars, and the sides are not totally on screen. I have tried all of the screen resolution settings and am stuck.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

This is because the screen resolution is bigger than the TV screen please follow the steps below and adjust the screen resolution and let me know...

Right-click an empty spot on your desktop and select “Screen Resolution”

win7-desktop-resolution-1

In the Control Panel'Appearance and Personalization'Display'Screen Resolution window, click on the “Resolution” drop-down list.

win7-desktop-resolution-2

Notice how you can slide the slider up and down to the right resolution, and imagine that, you can even place it between stops to customize it to whatever resolution you want (“You can’t imagine what type of technology we had to develop for this feature” duh!). Notice how the screen animation changes as well.

win7-desktop-resolution-3

When satisfied, click out of the slider and click Ok.

win7-desktop-resolution-4

Accept the new settings, or cancel to revert to the previous settings.

win7-desktop-resolution-5

Edited by Sudipto on 6/12/2010 at 8:27 PM EST
I have tried this many times , and the screen only gives me three options, none of which correct the problem. I will try again by your instructions, but I did tell you that I had already tried this.
Please select "Detect" or "Identify" before changing the Screen Resolution.
I answered a while ago, that his advice was what I had already been doing, and it was declared with my request. After getting no imediate reply I left the site. I will not accept the answer for payment, as it did not solve my problem.