when I receive an email with an attached file as a picture…

Customer Question
when I receive an email...
when I receive an email with an attached file as a picture or a document, usually I click on it and then It open the attached file that ask me if I want to run or save or cancel...but now from 2 weeks, I click on the attached file but nothing happen anymore and no document or picture are possible for me to be open and save...it is really a problem for me
tks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
namzyanzy
namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist
Hi. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Since when are you having this problem?
hi, let s say I notice it happens all the time from one months, first I thought It was a bad internet connection but since the probleme is still going on...and I need definnitely to open those attached files...by the way I m french so sorry for some of my english word
Let us try and restopre your computer to an earlier date when you were able to opent he attachments. Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

Restoring Windows Vista to a previous State
namzyanzy
namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist
ok I want to be sure that I understand...it is my 1st time I get help that way so I click on restoring windows vista to a previous state, then follow instructions of that link, then check on my email if the problem has been fixe and get back to you to let you know??or what...
You need to click on ACCEPT and then bookmark the below link so that you come back to me when you reply:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3m7uo-when-i-receive-an-email-with-an-attached-file-as-a-picture

Then click on the "restoring windows...." link and perform the steps.

hi again namzyanzy,

so I did all you said on the resoring windows and check my email but the probleme is still going on...when I click on the attachement, I get an error is on the page and when I right clik on the symbol of the error then I get this following message:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:19:15 UTC

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://fr.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.gx=1&.rand=0noctscrbigct

can you still helping me?

Please try to open your email in Internet Exploere and try to perfomr the same steps and let me know.

I tried to open my email on internet explorer with yahoo and I have still the problem to open the attachement and still get the same message :

Webpage error details

Timestamp: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:32:43 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://fr.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.gx=1&.rand=1qo3odtjcp564

why?

I am not sure if you are using Internet Explorer since the error still refers to Mozilla. What steps are you following to access the Internet Explorer icon on your computer?

to access the internet explorer I do click on the E of internet and then goggle search appears then I writte yahoo.fr and go on my email...right now talking with you I have on the top of my page written window internet explorer and on the right upside AOL search...!?!

never notice mozilla before

If you will notice, the error message refers to mozilla. Have you ever installed Mozilla Firefox?

well I don t think so but lately I did a computer cleaning for virus following step with window assistance, and a deframentation to gain some space on local disk 2 days ago...that s all

what is mozilla firefox, just know the name but make no sense to me...

Ok. Mozilla Firefox is a well known browser which has got a good name in the market. Let us try and download the same and then open the attachment and see if you are able to perform or not:

Download Mozilla Firefox

Download and the follow the on screen instructions to install it. Once installed, try to open the Yahoo email from there.

well well well

you and me succeed !!

so far so good...!!!

where should I stored mozilla firefox, right now it is on my desktop

thanks so much, hoping it keep working in the following day

tks again

That's great. The program is already installed. You just need to click on the icon on the dekstop to access it.

Please click on ACCEPT so that I get paid. BONUS and feedback would be appreciated.

last thing : now I have internet explorer and mozilla firefox on my desktop so to go on internet should I always use now mozilla so the uninstalle internet explorer or should I keep both and what for?

I did send a bonus to you, hoping you get it

You can use Mozilla Firefox everytime you want to visit the internet. Internet Exdplorer is part of the Windows package itself, so let it be installed.

Yes, I got the bonus. Thanks for that, I would appreciate a feedback from you as well.