Firefox will not start. Will not even start to paint a screen.

Customer Question
Firefox will not start....
Firefox will not start. Will not even start to paint a screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times now. Have even deleted the profiles and tried to start over.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Have you tried starting FireFox in Safe mode ?
Click START -> All Programs -> Mozilla FireFox -> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)
Can you check if the browser opens up properly now ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
still did not start

When did you start having problems with FireFox ?
Did it start from the first install onwards or after some time ?
have used Firefox for several years. Started Thursday when I was working on upgrading Microsoft Office.

Have you downloaded the latest version form the Mozilla Website and tried installing it ?

If not, try it.
Install it after removng the previous FireFox installation from your computer.

Do you get any specific error when firefox fails to start ?
Already done three times after uninstalling the previous load.
No error messages
Tech Support Specialist: Santonu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist

Please try the following and let me know

1 Uninstall it from Start -> Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs

2 Done that, click Start -> Run

Type %appdata% and press Enter

A window should open

Open Mozilla folder

Delete Firefox folder

3 Next, open My Computer

Open C drive

Open Program Files

Locate Mozilla Firefox folder and delete the same

Download latest version of firefox from the following link

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Once downloaded, install it and let me know the results

Went through the whole process.
Unfortunately the same results. Get a short term hourglass and then nothing.
When I went to uninstall it indicated that Firefox was open and needed to close before uninstalling. I could not get any indication of an open program until I tired rebooting and then a Firefox window appeared shutting down.
After this I went through your listed suggestions.
Seemingly back to the same status.
Please restart the computer and repeatedly tap the F8 key (you need to press F8 before windows starts to load)

A menu should appear. Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter

Once it start in safe mode with networking, try to open Firefox and let me know

This did not affect the problem.
It did give me the idea to try to open Firefox in Safemode again and again I checked all options to return to base configuration. This time it took and is now functioning again. Probably built upon some of the previous work done on it today.
Thanks for the help.
Usually deleting the profile folder and re-installing Firefox resolve the problem most of the time.

Since it took couple of attempts to start in safe mode, please make sure to scan the system with a good antivirus software.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thanks

Edited by Santonu on 6/13/2010 at 12:08 AM EST