i have a wireless keyboard and i changed the batteries and…

Customer Question
i have a wireless keyboard...
i have a wireless keyboard and i changed the batteries and hit the red connect button but it is not working. any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Colin Vincent, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there

What sort of wireless keyboard are you using

logitech mx3200

The red button you mention is that the one on the keyboard ?

Edited by Colin Vincent on 6/12/2010 at 12:35 PM EST
no-on th eback of the keyboard. the mouse is working fine

What has most likely happened is that the receiver is operating on a different channel to the keyboard since the batteries were removed.

You need to push the red button on the usb receiver and then quickly press the red button on the keyboard.

It needs to be done quickly because pressing the red button on the receiver make it transmit a connect message for the keyboard to detect but it only lasts for a few seconds.

The keyboard will detect this transmission and know which channel to connect on.

You generally hear a short beep if the connection has been successful.

Edited by Colin Vincent on 6/12/2010 at 12:41 PM EST
do i need to disconnect the regular keyboard (with Wire) that i am using then do this na ddo i need to restart the computer

i would remove the wired keyboard and then try connecting the wireless version.

Generally you shouldn't need to reboot but if you get the beep to indicate the wireless has connected but typing is not recognized by windows then you may need to reboot.

did not work:(

If you didn't hear a beep then the connection failed.

Assuming the batteries are ok and the keyboard has power then try connecting again.

Press and release the button on the usb transmitter and very quickly do the same on the keyboard.

The transmission lasts a few seconds only.