my windows vista is slowing down rapidly,especialy when i try…

Customer Question
my windows vista is slowing...
my windows vista is slowing down rapidly,especialy when i try to open explorer.And it also stalls when i take the pointer to the start button,can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Terry, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Terry
Terry, Consultant

Hi, Thanks for using Just Answer.

Open notepad type:
del %temp% /q save it to your desktop call it del.bat
double click the file then go to start run fill in %temp% delete the folders in that folder and you are done after you empty your Recycle Bin. Delete cookies /temporary Internet files Control panel > internet options.

Terry

Thanks for the help ,but the problem was with my Antivirus (PANDA).The program wanted to do a validation, but somehow a fault in the registry failed so it could not verify the authenticity on my system.
Tech Support Specialist: Elijah, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Elijah
Elijah, Computer Support Specialist
JA customer, thank you for coming to just answer.

Your antivirus program will not connect with the registry and correct that problem. You need a separate program to fix registry issues.

You can use the free program that I use called Registry repair from www.glarysoft.com.
it's free. Run scans and fixes until no new errors appear. This program will fix all or most of your registry errors. This should significantly speed up your computer.

If this doesn't completely solve your problem can try something different. Please feel free to follow up with me if this is not completely solve your problems.

Open notepad type:

Terry

It is not working.

Just incase you might have spyware slowing you down , download (free version) install then update the program.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Terry