i recently goy my computer fixed from a virus and in doing…

Customer Question
i recently goy my computer...
i recently goy my computer fixed from a virus and in doing so i lost my media center how would i go about getting it back
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Chat Conversation Started
Nirjhar18 :

Which windows you are using ?

Nirjhar18 :

click on start->control panel and then click on add/remove programs

Nirjhar18 :

and then click on turn on/off windows feautres

Nirjhar18 :

you will find media features,check windows media center

Nirjhar18 :

and it will be back

Customer:

i'm in the add and remove program but i don't see turn on/off windows feature

Nirjhar18 :

check the left hand side

Nirjhar18 :

there will be option of add windows features

Customer:

is it the 3rd on down on the left

Nirjhar18 :

what it says

Nirjhar18 :

what is the option

Customer:

add/remove window componants

Nirjhar18 :

ya

Customer:

i don't see media center

Nirjhar18 :

did you get that option ?

Customer:

no

Nirjhar18 :

which windows you are using ?

Nirjhar18 :

anything related to media ?

Customer:

windows xp

Customer:

windows media player

Nirjhar18 :

uncheck and then check it again

Customer:

ok i did it

Nirjhar18 :

then click on start->run and then type msconfig

Nirjhar18 :

sorry,click on start->run and type services.msc

Nirjhar18 :

A windows will appear. Find all these services and Enable(Automatic) them:

Windows Media Center Extender Service,
Windows Media Center Receiver Service,

Windows Media Center Scheduler Service,
Windows Media Center Service Launcher
(and other services which have the launch or launcher word and thast are related with WMC)

Customer:

its not there do you think they could have deleted itCry

Nirjhar18 :

ok,do you have windows xp cd

Customer:

and if they did how would i get it back

Nirjhar18 :

you will need a windows xp cd for that

Nirjhar18 :

as it is windows components

Nirjhar18 :

or we can try to restore your computer to previous date when it had media center

Nirjhar18 :

?

Customer:

no, it didn't come with my computer is hp media center pc m1270n if that helps

Customer:

thats the number on my computer the type i have

Nirjhar18 :

but you need a windows xp cd ,as in a operating system cd

Nirjhar18 :

to reinstall media center

Customer:

ok how would i restore it

Nirjhar18 :

when did you have media center

Nirjhar18 :

last time

Nirjhar18 :

click on start->programs and then accessories and then system tools and click on system restore and choose a date when you had media center

Customer:

oh crap!!!! i dont have one i bought the computer from best buy and it didn't have one

Customer:

before the virus about a month ago

Nirjhar18 :

check if you have a date there of one month back

Nirjhar18 :

it will bring your computer to that date

Customer:

they had to replace my mother board so how would i find it

Customer:

and hard drive too

Nirjhar18 :

ohk,i suppose then you will need to have windows xp cd

Nirjhar18 :

for media center

Nirjhar18 :

why do you need media center

Customer:

is there a place i could buy one that you might know of

Customer:

because i like watching tv on my computer

Nirjhar18 :

yes,you can buy latest windows now,windows 7 from microsoft.com

Nirjhar18 :

if you still want to use windows xp

Nirjhar18 :

you can buy it from following link

Nirjhar18 :

Please click on ACCEPT so that i can be paid for my work with positive feedback and bonus

Nirjhar18 :

?

Nirjhar18 :