In my Gateway Laptop model MX6448 before I log in windows.

Customer Question
In my Gateway Laptop model...
In my Gateway Laptop model MX6448 before I log in windows. How can I break the password XXXXX change it ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Let me know are you able to login ..

what ?

Are you able to login in to windows..

Then you need to break password XXXXX ..

is not working

Please follow the steps to reset password..

If you are not able to windows then you can the following to reset password. However, it is complicated. If you do not want to try or it does not work, then you have to reinstall your computer. If you need to reinstall take the backup of the system..

Please try the follow to reset your Windows administrator password:
Click cd080802.zip to download the password XXXXX file. Then extract/unzip it and burn as image to a blank CD. Then:

1. Get the machine to boot from CD/DVD drive
  2. Load drivers (usually automatic, but possible to run manual select)
  3. Disk select, tell which disk contains the Windows system. Optionally you will have to load drivers.
  4. PATH select, where on the disk is the system?
  5. File select, which parts of registry to load, based on what you want to do.
  6. Password reset or other registry edit.
  7. Write back to disk (you will be asked)
See the walkthrough and instructions.
still not working but I have to go now
Please let me know how do you tried this..

Also let me know which operating system you are using...

Edited by bineesh on 6/12/2010 at 3:45 AM EST