I am trying to attach 2 jpg images ( 1 is 7.3 mb and the other…

Customer Question
I am trying to attach...
I am trying to attach 2 jpg images ( 1 is 7.3 mb and the other is 3.3 mb in size) to an email. After I attach them, the send button ( same with any other buttons ) does not work and basically Safari freezes. I have to force quit Safari to get out. I have never had this problem before. Please help. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Brandon M., Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Information Systems Manager
Chat Conversation Started
BeBoo :

Hi there. Those images are rather large for an email but it may be "frozen" trying to upload them. Have you let Safari sit frozen for at least 5 minutes? When you click the send button, thats then the files are actually uploaded, not when you attach them. If you have let it sit and it stays frozen, you might be able to try using a different browser, such as Firefox, or we can try resetting Safari and removing some files. Let me know which route you would like to take.

Customer: I tried waiting 5 minutes and nothing changed. I would like to try resetting Safari and remove some files. Please help.
BeBoo :

No problem. Are you chatting with me now using Safari?

Customer: yes
BeBoo :

Ok, you might want to bookmark this page to get back here easier. You can add a bookmark under the Bookmarks menu. When you are ready, use the Safari menu and choose Reset Safari. Make sure all the options are chosen and click Reset. Afterwards, use the Safari menu and choose Quit. Then, open Safari back up and try to send the email again.

Customer: I won't lose any bookmarks will I?
BeBoo :

Not with this process, no.

Customer: ok