Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

on yahoo mail---when i click the send to box--which nomally

Customer Question

on yahoo mail---when i click the "send to" box--which nomally shows me my entire phone book---I get an error message that says internet explorer has shut down. When I ask the reason it refers me to a "data execution prevention" error. I goggled this and went through steps to be selective and nothing happens---this all came about after I down loaded comcast's caller id function, which they recommeded when I called to have gthem fix another problem 2 days ago---HELP---i can't send any email unless I physically type
each email address in-----I technoloically challeneged---so a phone call would really help----thanks ---XXXXX XXXXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Computer
Expert:  bineesh replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please add exception on for interennet explorer there..

If you have a program you know is legitimate that happens to cause DEP errors, you can add it to the list of exceptions.

As you can see in the image above, the default DEP setting is to "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:". So, a much better way to get any legitimate program causing DEP errors to work again is to add that program to the exception list.

Click on the Add... button. Now, locate the program's ".exe" file. I don't happen to have IrfanView, but I'll use Foxit Software's PDF reader as a random example:

Specifying a DEP  Exception

In this example the program was located in " C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\Foxit Reader.exe". The program you're looking for will, of course, be elsewhere, but most likely somewhere within "C:\Program Files".

The result should look something like this:

Data  Execution Prevention Options with exception added

You can see that the program I specified has been added to the list of exceptions. It will not be protected by DEP, but everything else in your system will be.

Let me know is this information helpful for you..

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

In all likelihood, it's a buggy/corrupt add-on installed in your IE browser, which prevents it from functioning correctly.

Now, in Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, and click on the 'Reset...' button present; in the dialog box that comes up, press 'Reset' once again, then restart IE normally and check if the issue persists now as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Expert:  bineesh replied 8 years ago.

Sorry for interruption of another expert..

Let me know is this worked for you..

You need any further assistance on this...
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
It's not a good idea for you to disable DEP for Internet Explorer; you will be much more prone to security threats then. The reason you are getting this DEP error in Internet Explorer, is because there's already an add-on present in IE, which may pose a potential security threat to your system.

Therefore, please reset IE as instructed, and let me know how things work out.

Regards
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Expert:  bineesh replied 8 years ago.
Please add exception also for this ..try and let me know...

That IE resetting will work for time being .in the sense today it will work .Permanent solution for this and add an exception on the DEP..

Pleas let me know..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I went to internet options and did reset----it worked---i also went back and looked at DEP and it is set where you suggested as well----the "TO box" is working now-----with 3 hours of aggrevation---i don't think i should be charged $18---but if you must------i guess hows that's all your 21 year old employees are retiring with $10 million in the bank and having a grand old time.-----
Expert:  bineesh replied 8 years ago.
Please cllick on ACCEPT RATH's sloution then only he will get paid for his time..