Hello - my e-mail was hacked into - they sent an e-mail requesting…

Customer Question
Hello - my e-mail was...
Hello - my e-mail was hacked into - they sent an e-mail requesting money to everyone in my address book. They stated that I am in Nigeria and to wire money to me. They also changed my password. How do I re-set my password XXXXX get my account back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Chat Conversation Started
Nirjhar18 :

which email client you are using ?

Customer:

Windows Live hotmail

Customer:

what do i need to do to reset my password

Nirjhar18 :

Go to the following link

Account Password XXXXX

and enter all your information.Hotmail keeps record of your past data. So they will verify the IP addresses etc and will email you the new password XXXXX your new email address that you will provide to them.

There is no other way to contact them by phone or email.

Customer:

ok - i will go there and give it shot. thanks

Nirjhar18 :

Pleasure,please click on accept so that i can be paid for my work with positive feedback and bonus