i have an virus but do not have my license key how do i get…

Customer Question
i have an virus but...
i have an virus but do not have my license key how do i get it? i opened some mail on facebook and was not aware of the virus so now my computer screen is blanck with just a window saying that warning system under attack! please help me waht do i do now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Hi, what do you need the license key for?
to ativate my anti virus it doesn't let me move forther
Which anti-virus?
it says to remove all virus i hit yes on the button and ask me to give the license key but i cant get pass that.
Okay, I think the program that is asking you that is actually a virus.
You don't really have viruses (other than that program). It is trying to trick you into buying it.

Here is how to get rid of it, and any other viruses you may have:

Please download Malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org (get the free version).
Close programs, and run the file (setup).
If the virus won't let you download, simply download on another computer and transfer on a USB or CD.

Download rkill from: http://www.technibble.com/rkill-repair-tool-of-the-week/
Once you have it on the infected computer, run it. It will kill the virus process (but not remove it).

Run the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware setup from the desktop.

Go with the default settings during the install. Important: Make sure you tell the software to automatically update itself (there’s a box you need to check during the install to make that happen). In addition, make sure you tell MBAM to automatically launch itself once the install and update processes are complete.

When Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware loads, go to the Scanner screen, select “Perform Quick Scan” and then click the “Scan” button.

Once Malwarebytes is done, the virus will be gone.

Thanks,

James.
i can not even remove it at all from my computer when i shut it dow and turn it back on the same window comes up!

it does not let me do anything i am stuck

Boot into safe mode by rebooting the computer, and then hit F8 before you see the windows logo. Then choose safe mode with networking, and try to run malwarebytes again.

J.
i can not even reach that option
You are probably missing the time slot. Power the computer off. Then push the power button, and immediately start tapping the F8 key every second or so.

J.
im trying to figure it out now
Ok, let me know how it goes.

J.
its not working my computer is shut down have to take it back to the store where i baught it!
You mean it won't power up?
yes
That means you have a hardware problem, and not a virus problem. You will need to get the computer serviced.
J.