I downloaded iTunes 9.1.1 and when I want to listen to my albums…

Customer Question
I downloaded iTunes 9.1.1 and...
I downloaded iTunes 9.1.1 and when I want to listen to my albums now a window comes up and states in essence that the files cannot be found. I know the albums are on my machine, some 289. This iTunes is on a PC.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
In iTunes, please click File-->Library-->Organize Library.
Check the box that says Consolidate Files, and hit Ok. Wait until iTunes is done syncing, and then try listening to the albums again.

J.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Thanks for the information. My delay in replying is that I've done exactly what you suggested to do but iTunes doesn't do it.
Hi, can you explain what you meanby "doesn't do it" please?
Sorry to be imprecise: what I meant to say is when I hit OK nothing happens - no window shows, no indication that iTunes or the computer is aware of the input.
Okay.
Do you have all the music files in some other folder on your computer?
No. I do have the Windows player on the same machine but have never had any issues with it vis-a-vis iTunes.
Do you have all the music on an ipod or iphone device?
The music is divided between two ipods and an ipod shuffle. While I write this answer I wondering if I could d/l an earlier version of iTunes to that machine; before I d/l'd 9.1.1 iTunes I had no problems with accessing the music.
Yes, I found a copy of itunes 9.0 for you - click HERE.

J.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your help. I'll d/l iTunes 9.0. Sometimes I think I know a lot about computers then other times I don't. Evidently I didn't know how to figure this situation. In any case, the last question, will I need to remove iTunes 9.1.1 from the machine and then put 9.0 on. And, will I lose my music?
You do need to uninstall the newer version, but you are not supposed to lose your music. The problem you experienced is a known issue, and seems to happen to a lot of users. The best solution is to just wipe out the entire library, and then re-import the music folder. This is why I asked if you had it.
If something bad happens, let me know - there are ways to pull the music back from the ipod/iphone devices.
J.