Your solution worked yesterday but this morning the problem…

Customer Question
Your solution worked yesterday but...
Your solution worked yesterday but this morning the problem (same message) reappeared and I could not launch outlook . It seems that there was a windows critical update the night before both times and it changes something. Also my kasperky virus protection no longer works as the virus definitions black list is now corrupted and it wont download a fresh list. Something has changed my configuration. I suspect the windows critical update. I am very frustrated and my girlfriends computer had the same problem this morning. I did the roll back yet once again like you suggested yesterday but I dont want to do this trick every day. I need the real solution. Please help me. - thank you --- Fred
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX am here to assist you.

Next do the following:

Click Start, Control Panel, Programs then View installed Updates then find the updates that were installed yesterday and note the KB number of the updates. Then right click on the updates and select Uninstall.

Then click Start and in the Search box type Windows Update then select Windows Update and when the Windows Update program opens select Optional Updates
then search for the update labeled with the same number as the update or updates you just uninstalled then right click on then and select Hide Update.

The update should now no longer automatically install which should resolve the issue.

Note however what the updates are for and make sure that they are not critical updates.

This still did not work. I uninstalled alot of updates and rebooted however I still cant get passed that errror message. Thanks for trying. Any other ideas?
Ok then next perform a System Restore again to resolve the issue then confirm the issue is resolved.

Then next follow the instructions at the link below to change the Windows Update settings to manual or to download but not install so that you can view the updates before they install and install them one at a time. Then write down the number of each update you Ok to install then when the issue happens again you will know which update is causing the issue and be able to block that update:

click here

Then use the same technique mentioned in the link below to block the update that is causing the issue:

click here