hello, my recovery partition is full and i think it is causing…

Customer Question
hello, my recovery partition is...
hello, my recovery partition is full and i think it is causing my computer to crash every now and then! how do i fix this, i have recovery discs, should i delete the partition? i'm not sure why it is so full, and i cant get into it to delete things from it? can you help me.....
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

Partition Magic can resize partitions on the fly (i.e. you do it in windows and you dont loose any data ). http://www.powerquest.com/home_homeo...d=sp&pvid=pm80

Go to My Computer, D-drive, make sure there is only one folder in the D-drive, the one named "Recovery" and nothing else. If there is any other folders, move them to the C-drive, and remember that location
for the application that places files in that folder.

Edited by Computer Engineer on 6/11/2010 at 9:04 AM EST

i would rather not expand the partition, is there any other suggestions you can give me without having to buy nortons

then go to My Computer, D-drive, make sure there is only one folder in the D-drive, the one named "Recovery" and nothing else. If there is any other folders, move them to the C-drive, and remember that location

And what do i do then?

That all. That will make space in the C drive. And then you can use defragmentation option.
  1. Open My Computer.
  2. Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
  3. On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
  4. Click Defragment.
The C drive and the D drive were defragmented on a schedualed time on wednesday! This problem is causing my computer to crash and i am wondering if you can answer this for me... if i delete the partition and have back up discs and if i did need to restore my computer, would everything be on the back up discs, ie: windows vista (which i am running, i ask this caus i have read that i need to install the oporating system manually and i do not know what that means............ sorry to be a bother!!!
let me opt-out now, and redirect this problem to another expert.
ok.......

hello, i have not recieved a reply from any one, and my computer just shut down, so i am back now and wondering if i missed an answer

Tech Support Specialist: DRobertson, Consultant / Technician replied 8 years ago
DRobertson
DRobertson, Consultant / Technician

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers. Help us to help you! We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

Ok, I have read thru the Q&A and I am going to ask you several questions. I am asking to better understand the various issues going on and to help make sure we keep your data safe.

Ok, the recovery disk. Tell me how many and what each one says on it?

What is happening when your PC "crashes"?

What was the primary reason you think that the D recovery partition being full is the cause of the issue?

Finally, how much free space is left on the recovery partition and what is the total size of it?

Let me know and I will proceed from there.

Hello, I was wondering if you saw my reply and how things were going for you on this?