HP director has just 2 icons that do not support the printer…

Customer Question
HP director has just 2...
HP director has just 2 icons that do not support the printer after installing new software
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Hi, which software did you install that caused this?
gc_w01_ENU.exe - new complete software & drivers for my PSC 1315xi
Is this a new printer, or were you trying to upgrade the existing one's software?
Just upgrade . Printer is several years old
Try THIS file.

J.
Never got an accept button???
Hi, you should see the Accept button below.

J.
Sorry, did no understand. The file you told me to download is the one I downloaded originally. Also, I purchasd a CD.
The file I asked you to download is the full software, the latest version for this printer. Please try to install it.
I already tried tried that software several times. It does not show a progress bar and just quits when it finishes.
Please try to uninstall the HP software from Control Panel, add remove programs, and then re-install the file I provided.

J.
I already did this. Lets just forget this. It is late and I am tired
I tried your answer several times. It did not work. I need something that works