I recently retired and the IT dept. gave me a disc with my…

Customer Question
I recently retired and the...
I recently retired and the IT dept. gave me a disc with my personal contacts listed on an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to move the list from Excel to Outlook without typing them in one at a time?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/11/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, I would be happy to help you today.

You can import the Excel file into your Outlook contacts as follows:

In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export. Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next. Click Microsoft Excel, and then click Next.
In the File to import box, browse to find the Excel file (.xls) that contains the content you want to import. Click one of the following: Replace duplicates with items imported, allow duplicates to be created or do not import duplicate items, then click next.
In the folder list, click the Contacts folder where you want the imported contact information to go, and then click next. To add or remove fields to determine the way the contact information is saved in the new imported file, click Map Custom Fields.

Dan,

I don't know what's going on. I received an answer almost immediately after I asked my question. It was answered by another expert and I accepted his answer. I did not receive your answer at all and I just got home to find your request to accept your answer.

Sorry, I can't accept an answer I didn't receive.

Respectfully,

Art Hill

Kirkland Fire Department

No problem, it happens.