An HP technician, for whatever reason was unable to assist…

Customer Question
An HP technician, for whatever...
An HP technician, for whatever reason was unable to assist me with the downloading of a flash player so that i may view news videos through window explorer. To make a long story short he executed a full recovery. Not the correct procedure. Anyway, I now realize that my windows 7 home premium is not working at it's full capability. Many of the updates were lost and a lot of the games and other features I have do not work properly. Is there any way I can recover all my updates.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

I am Bineesh ..I assist you on this..

Download the flash player from here..

LINK

And install this should solve your problem..

Let me know is this information helpful for you...
Did you installed the Adobe let me know ..

Are you able to do this..or any error messages..
you have not answered anything just took my money still looking for this so called answer. thanks for nothing
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I would like to answer all your questions.

- Full system recovery means everything previously on your computer has been erased, so you cannot recover. Usually, when doing a system recovery, the technician should have told you the benefits and consequences.

- To install updates, please click on Start (the Windows icon on the bottom left), then Control Panel, then Windows Update.

- Since everything was erased with full system recovery, so you have to reinstall all the games, software, features and reconfigure all the settings again. Please let me know anything you need help with, I will gladly assist you.

Thanks,
-Viet

that's just the point, they won't re-install because certain updates are missing from the windows 7 home premium. i know you don't think i know what i'm talking about but i

do. Even the appearance of my computer has not recovered fully. you did not help me at all. this is the second time i have used your service and i find you to be. you're not a service you're crooks. no i will not accept the answer you took enough money already

Tech Support Specialist: Nick, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Nick
Nick, Consultant
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer My name is XXXXX XXXXX
when the HP Tech carried out the restore your machine was returned to the same state as it was when you bought it. IE: not how it was before the restore.
If you have a backup of your data and personal settings then you will be able to make the screen look exactly like it did before.
You will however have to download all the updates and patches that Microsoft have put out for Windows 7 and reinstall any missing programs that may have got wiped during the original procedure.
sorry to be the barer of bad news but unfortunately you may have lost a lot of information
Not knowing the problem you were having prior to your call to HP I cannot say that a full restore was not the right way to correct the problem. I would have though either requested that you carry out a back up or would have backed up the machine myself.