How do I erase the HISTORY feature of the search bar, which…

Customer Question
How do I erase the...
How do I erase the "HISTORY" feature of the search bar, which causes every prior search starting with "a" to show all prior searches beginning with "a", etc?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Please click Tools, Internet Options.
Click Delete, and delete Browsing History.

J.

FOLLOWED YOUR SEQUENCE--MY I-net options did not include a "browsing HISTORY" OPTION

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? (Help-->About)

J.
James: Microsoft Windows XP--Media Center Edition--Version 2002--Server Pack 1
Thanks.
When you click Tools-->Internet Options in Internet Explorer, do you have a delete button? If so, press it. What options do you see?
The whole MS internet column comes up with home page, history (but no browsing history), cookies, etc. There is a delete for cookies and history, but no general delete button
Okay. Click the delete history - that's the option you are looking for.

J.
no==I have tried that sev eral times, also have it on 1 day delete cycle and it doesn't touch the google bar thing or affect it in any way
The google bar is something different.
Right-click the google bar, and you will see an option to clear the history.

J.

ok I just tried rt click on google bar (not in white search section) it had many options but not a history and not a delete.

So I right clicked in the white search section. there is a delete there. I clicked it as I have before talking with you and no effect on the browse history that keeps dropping down. I just tried it again

You mean the history in the google search, or the history in Internet Explorer address bar?
history on google search
See the solution HERE.

J.