I am a recent Skype customer. I have had no problems making…

Customer Question
I am a recent Skype...
I am a recent Skype customer. I have had no problems making or receiving calls until today. The audio still works and I receive a video of the 2nd party but he/she receives no video from me. The error message reads, "Skype can not connect to your webcam. Try upgrading your driver or change to a Skype certified webcam." I have limited tecnical knowledge. Please help. My number is XXXXX Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
namzyanzy
namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist
Hi. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Please follow the steps mentioned below and try to restore your computer to an earlier date when all was working fine:

Restoring Windows Vista to a previous State

Let me know if this worked.
I am sorry but, as I explained, I am no technician. The 13 step solution is beyond my comprehension. Can you walk me through? Frankly, I am surprised there is a charge for this service. I have been a Skype customer for less than a week and assumed there was some sort of guarantee..
I am pasting the part only which needs to be performed.

1. Close and save any documents that you may have open.

2. Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu. The Start button looks like this: Vista Start Button

3. When the Start Menu opens click on the All Programs menu option.

4. Click once on the Accessories Start Menu group.

5. Click once on the System Tools Start Menu group.

6. Click once on the System Restore icon. After you click on the icon, if a User Account Control window opens you should click on the Continue button.

You will now be at the System Restore screen as shown below in Figure 1. From this screen you can specify the restore point that you would like to restore.

System Restore Screen
Figure 1. System Restore Screen

By default, Vista will already have selected the Recommended restore option. This restore point is one was made after a new program, driver, or update was installed. If you would like to use this restore point, you can click on the Next button to start the restore process. On the other hand, if there is a more recent restore point that you would like to restore you should select Choose a different restore point and press the Next button. This will bring you to a screen, as shown in Figure 2, that contains a listing of all the available restore points that you can restore to.

Figure 2. List of available restore points

You should select the restore point that you would like to restore and press the Next button to start the restore process. Vista will display a Window showing your selected restore point and asking you to confirm that this is the one you would like to restore.

Confirm the selected restore point
Figure 3. Confirm the selected restore point

If you would like to select a different restore point press the Back button. Otherwise you can press the Cancel button to exit System Restore or the Finish button to begin the restore process. If you selected Finish, Vista will display a second prompt asking you to confirm that you would like to continue the restore.

Second Confirmation
Figure 4. Second Confirmation

If you are sure you want to do the restore, then press the Yes button. Vista will now log you off of the computer and start the System Restore process as shown in Figure 5 below.

Restoring a restore point
Figure 5. Restoring a restore point

When the restore has been completed, you computer will be restarted and when Vista boots back up it will be restored to its previous state. When you log in to Vista for the first time after the restore, you will see a message showing that the restore was successful.

Figure 6. System restore was successful

I followed the directions and restored Windows Vista to the recommended previous State. Despite this, I still receive the error message - "Skype can not connect to webcam"
Hi. I'm still waiting for an answer. Thank you.
My problem was not resolved and I did not receive any additional info after informing the "expert" of this. I will attempt to go elsewhere to resolve my problem.
Apologies for the delay in responding. Please performt he steps mentioned in the link below:

Why does my video not work?
Unfortunately, your advice was of no help. I called my web-cam security and they were able to resolve the situation in short order - at no cost.
Good to know that you problem stands resolved.