my pc under 3-year mcafee protection suddenly taken over by…

Customer Question
my pc under 3-year mcafee...
my pc under 3-year mcafee protection suddenly taken over by malware- what to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Please download Malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org (get the free version).
Close programs, and run the file (setup).
If the virus won't let you download, simply download on another computer and transfer on a USB or CD.

Download rkill from: http://www.technibble.com/rkill-repair-tool-of-the-week/
Once you have it on the infected computer, run it. It will kill the virus process (but not remove it).

Run the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware setup from the desktop.

Go with the default settings during the install. Important: Make sure you tell the software to automatically update itself (there’s a box you need to check during the install to make that happen). In addition, make sure you tell MBAM to automatically launch itself once the install and update processes are complete.

When Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware loads, go to the Scanner screen, select “Perform Quick Scan” and then click the “Scan” button.

Once Malwarebytes is done, the virus will be gone.

Thanks,

James.