new windows 7 computer printers dont work fixed some problems…

Customer Question
new windows 7 computer printers don't...
new windows 7 computer
printers don't work
fixed some problems with other printers myself
microsoft could not fix HP LaserJet M 1522 nf Print/Scan/Fax/Copy - MFP series PS
hp sent some fix, but even through HP - the download of drivers "times out" and never shows progress on the download status bar. (I have it printing now but no fax or scan drivers)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

32 or 64 bit windows?

good question

sorry

32 bit

ok, give me 30 mins please

take a few hours if you want

no problem

roy

ok, you can download all the drivers from here. You need to unzip them afterwords (right click >> uncompress)

http://tinyurl.com/36hn6hs

Remember when running the installation, its best to right click and select "run as administrator"

Let me know if you have problems please

when I went to the link it started a massive download. is that correct? I had to interupt the download and did not finish

please advise

Thats correct.

As you could not download the drivers, I have downloaded them all for you and put into one ZIP file. Can you please download these, unzip then you can install them.

Let me know if you have problems please

don't see an attachment or link

Hi there,

I have posted it below again for you

http://tinyurl.com/36hn6hs

Please let me know if you still have difficulties

Richard, Computer Specialist

new problem

I'll pay for help

same computer

windows live mail won't "hold" as defaulte mail creating a contacts failed to load issue

I can set it as default and work to send out a web page and then it will fail on the second web page I try to send

Hi there,

Can you explain the problem in more detail please?

Do you mean you dont get the default mail profile when opening mail?

1) Lesser problem is that when you click on a page to send or link to send the system takes the windows live email from minimized to full screen in the background.

2) Main problem - when trying to send a page from a website or link to a page from a website the email page never comes up. You can try it again and same thing. In each case, after some delay, the window "contacts failed to load" comes up and to reconfigure windows mail by reinstalling it. I have removed it once and thought it was fixed, but it was not. It "held" for sending one webpage by page and then by link but when I tested it on a second webpage - same problem. Also, while waiting for the contacts failed to load message you can't close the subject webpage and have to go to the task manager and try to close it a few times. I have tried the defaults section and the one that says - set program access and computer defaults - seems to try to change the default email but quits trying without a message of any kind.

ok thanks for the info.

Restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until you see a menu.

choose SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING

When windows loads, try to set the default email program again, then test.

If it works, restart the computer normally and test again

Let me know if you still have problems please

The default window would not open in either safe mode

roy

ok, then I would like you to download and reinstall windows mail please

Do so from the below link but install it in Safe Mode please

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail

Restart the computer normally, the try to set it as default.

Let me know if you still have the problem

would not let me install in safe mode

ok, then can you do the following please.

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, internet options, advance and click reset.

Then click the general tab, and click Delete, then in the new window Delete

Once done close internet explorer, re-open it go to the below link and click fix it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Restart the computer and test please.

Let me know if the problem persists please

still won't accept changes or work with the defaults

fail to load contacts

still freezes IE when trying to send a web page or link - use task manager to close