email - when I open an email attachment (another email)from…

Customer Question
email - when I open...
email - when I open an email attachment (another email)from someone is will not open.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: vasanth, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
vasanth
vasanth, Computer Software Engineer

Hello there!

which e-mail account are you using? i.e. is it Outlook Express,gmail,yahoo, AOL or some other else

thanks

I have two - Incredimail for my [email protected] (personal accout) and Outlook Express for my business accout - [email protected]
ok,

Please try to configure the outlook express as suggested here

http://support.netouch.com/email/OutlookExpressConfiguration.pdf

and after that check your issue

thanks

So I will need to re-configure my outlook express again? The emails are coming thru just fine,it just the attachments.

Ok - That didn't work now I can't log in.
Relist: Not working.
.
Not working.
As stated above, this answer did not remedy the problem. When I receive an email with another email attached, I cannot open the attachment. I have re-send the attachment to myself at my business email and then sometimes it still does not open. These attachments are emails........

Please try this->

• Start Outlook Express.
  • On the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Security tab, uncheck Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus option under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

thanks

I don't think you understand the problem...........there is nothing wrong with the attachments.........I can't open them unless I send them to increditmail, my personal email account, and then I have to open with incredimail application and then I cannot save. If you cannot help, please forward to another technican.,

Thank you,

Leshia Evans

I opt out ,so that the question is open for other experts and they can help you.

thanks

Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
What kind of attachments are these?

Good morning -

OK - I have two email accounts. 1. outlook express for business, 2. incredimail for personal. The email addresses are different.

The attachments (business email) are coming from my associate in NY. The attachment is a copy of an email from someone that he is sending to me............When I click on it, it will not open. So,

I save it to my desktop (envelope only) and right click on "open with".....and choose "Incredimail applications" and it opens.....(only option that will work)

The problem is I have to open it this way and turn around and resend it to myself via outlook express, which is my business address. What a pain! I have since changed my business email to my defaul email hoping this would correct the problem, no luck.

This just started happening a month or so ago, I am begining to think I should just cancel the Increditmail.

Watta think?

Leshia

Leshia,

Try opening it with Internet Explorer rather than Incredimail applications, let me know if that opens.

YES, it did open with Internet Explorer

Do this to fix the issue:

Open Internet Explorer >

Click on Tools >

Click Internet Options >

Click on Programs Tab >

Click on Make Default Button >

Click Apply >

Click Ok.

If that does not works:

Open Internet Explorer >

Click on Tools >

Click Internet Options >

Click on Advanced Tab >

Click on Reset >

Click on Reset again >

Click Apply >

Click Ok.

Now try to open attachments.

If that does not works, download and install firefox browser from this link: http://firefox.com/

After installing Firefox, try opening the attachments.

Let me know, if that works.

OK - Tried the first fix and internet explorer was already the default option.

Tried the second fix and then tried to open, I received this error message, seen before:

(the name of the file was Al-Suboh)

Al-Suboh.eml was corrupted during download. Then it asked me to delete all the temp files in internet explorer, did that, still not working.

I have seen this .eml pop up before but cannnot remember how to fix.

LE

Try installing Firefox and let me know, what happens.

Firefox browser?

I have to get back to you in a couple of hours, got a project I need to get out now.

I will download the Firefox browser and advise what I find.

Sure, take your time. Smile

I apologize, I have not had the time to download firefox yet, maybe tonite I can get back to it. I have in fact cancelled my personal email with Incredimail - I just did not have the patience to go back and forth with the attachments. I wanted to see if the problem was solved by cancelling Incredimail.

Ok Sure, I will wait. Take your time. :)