I have a dell inspiron mini, on it is installed a ubuntu operating…

Customer Question
I have a dell inspiron...
I have a dell inspiron mini, on it is installed a ubuntu operating system. I need to uninstall it and then install windows 7. Believe me, this computer was a gift, if was up to me, ubuntu would never had been installed on any of mine.
So can you help and can I afford it?

Larry Laney [email protected]
June 10, 2010
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Hi Larry, what kind of help are you looking for?
james,

this is my correct e-mail address, i have been a member for sometime
i have a problem, i don't have a printer for this computer, how can i pick you
up a another computer so i can print your answer .
Simply go to www.justanswer.com, login, and you will find this question under "My Questions".

Now, what can I do to help you?

I have switched to printer with a printer

Larry

Okay, so what can I do for you?

James,

Please explain to me how to uninstall ubuntu os ffrom my dell insprion mini. Then get it ready to install Windows 7. Besides ubuntu, I think Dell has some little program/os also.

Larry,
It is much more simple than you would believe. You do not need to uninstall or prepare anything. All you need to do is get a Windows 7 install CD, put it in the drive, and boot the computer. It will start Windows Setup, remove ubunto (format the disk) and install Windows for you. Setup will ask you where to install Windows. Click Advanced, delete all the partitions, create one new big partition, and click next - Setup will do the rest.

J.
You say "click advanced, delete all partitions, create one new big partition" . Will it explaine how to do this?
Yes, it is quite easy and simple. You will see those questions and options on the screen when you run Windows Setup.

J.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert

James,

In the box are 2 disc onhe 32 bit one 64 bit , how to tell which one to use?

How much physical memory (RAM) do you have in the computer?
i do not know how to tell with ubuntu
In a terminal window, type:

free -m

J.

1 gb

Then you want the 32bit version. There is no point in 64bit unless you have 4GB or more.

J.