I copied games from my old computer to a san disk. I cannot…

Customer Question
I copied games from my...
I copied games from my old computer to a san disk. I cannot figure out how to transfer them to the new computer. Was I wrong to just copy from the icons on my desk top?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
namzyanzy
namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist
Hi. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Unfortunately you have noit copied it the correct way. The icons on the desktop are just shortcuts to the actuall installed programs.

The process of copying is to locate the actual installer file for the game and then copy to the external hard drive.

Do you have access to your old computer now?
no, I no longer have the old computer
In that case do you have the installation disc for the games? If not then we would have to accept that we would not be able to install the games in your new computer.
thanks for nothing then..do I get my money back?
You would not be charged until you click on ACCEPT.
I do not have installation discs but I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX for trying to help.