my IM messages wont go through, how do I fix this problem…

Customer Question
my IM messages won't go...
my IM messages won't go through, how do I fix this problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mickey Trivett, Web Designer & Tech. Consultant replied 8 years ago
Mickey Trivett
Mickey Trivett, Web Designer & Tech. Consultant
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

Have you tried to delete the current skype and reinstall it from scratch?
yes I have
When were the last times they worked?
yesterday
Im gonna have to look into this, sorry for delay..
when will you notify me
in just a moment... I am currently looking into the problem.. Thank you
I hate to ask you to do this again, but Skype recommends we delete the entire software package again and then reinstall the newest version which is Skype 4.2 .

Please remove the installation and then restart your PC, then go to http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/ download the newest version.

After it is installed, load it, login and see if it works. Thanks....
can we still transfer the history from the IM messages on this skype to the other version
As long as you do this:

The procedure for backing up your history files on a Windows XP machine is the following:

Locate the folder “Application Data\Skype\<your username>” and copy it to another location such as a CD or DVD-ROM.

To restore the history files just copy the files back to that folder.

These files are stored as .dbb files and can only be read with Skype itself. Unfortunately you cannot recover from a corrupt history file.

Be aware that the above files contain all of your chat room history files. You cannot save separate chat room history using that method.

/htmlhistory