We use a fixed cost for items we ship through Joomla. I am…

Customer Question
We use a fixed cost...
We use a fixed cost for items we ship through Joomla. I am wonder if there is a way that the shipping can be broken out as an item vs adding it into the total and calculating tax on the shipping
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Arty, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Arty
Arty, Computer Support Specialist
Hi.

I guess that the company, who developed you site, was using existing s-shop component for Joomla (otherwise they would not tell you that they should add weight and size). What's bad with such components - they can't be easily customized and most probably your developers are right (they know this system better).

But what you can do is to add size and weight to all items equal to the same value (say 1), just don't show dimensions and weights on a web, but include shipping cost. Ask your developers is it possible (I guess this can be done with less efforts).

Regards,
Arty