Help! I deleted a message from myHotmail junk file that I…

Customer Question
Help! I deleted a...
Help! I deleted a message from myHotmail junk file that I really need. Is there any way to retrieve it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
LeGin
LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Do you have another folder called something like 'Trash Can' or 'Deleted Items'?

Usually when you delete something it goes to a folder like that and maybe the e-mail you're looking for is in there.

Hope this helps.

No, if is deleted from junk, it does not go to the trash bin or deleted items, it is just gone

Anything that goes into your "Junk" folder and is deleted from there is permanently gone. Removed from the sever itself. So once you delete something from there, it's gone forever. I don't know exactly what filters MS uses to put stuff in "Junk" mail, but every now and then something that's not junk goes in there. I've had some pretty important emails (like yours) get in there from time to time.

Get in the habit of reviewing that stuff before you delete it, because once it's gone, it's really gone.

Tech Support Specialist: Linda Cintron, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Linda Cintron
Linda Cintron, Computer Support Specialist
The previous is correct to a point. There is another option but it will take some work on your part. Go to the following link for directions: How to Restore Permanently Deleted Files From Hotmail