I use outlook express for in/out e mails [email protected] I…

Customer Question
I use outlook express for...
I use outlook express for in/out e mails
[email protected]
I changed my broadband supplier to Talk Talk, from tiscali. Now I can recieve e mails but not send. It says I have an invalid account specified. Nither Tiscali or Talk Talk support can help
Can you help

Thank You
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist
Hi

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please follow the steps to recreate the account in Outlook..

open the Email accounts wizard as follows.
  1. Choose Tools > Email Accounts...
  2. Select Add a new email account... and click NEXT server type
  3. Choose POP3 in the server type Windows and click NEXT pop3 settings
  4. The Internet Email Settings (POP3) window above is where you set the details of your email account. Fill out your name in the Your Name field. This is the sender name that will be attached to the mails you send. Your recipients will use it to identify you. Fill out your email address in the Email Address field. Enter your user name and password XXXXX the User Name and Password fields. Often, the first part of your email address is also the login name for POP3. Your email provider should be able to tell you how to retrieve these account details if you don't know them.
  5. Fill out the address of your mail provider's Incoming mail server. This is usually something like pop3.yourmailprovider.ext or mail.yourmailprovider.ext.
  6. Fill out the address of the SMTP server you want to use in the Outgoing mail server field. Tiscali offers both POP3 and SMTP, so I chose to receive and send my emails through Tiscali's servers. SMTP addresses or often formatted like smtp.yourmailprovider.ext or mail.yourmailprovider.ext.
  7. Now test if the account you set up works by clicking the Test Account Settings button. If the settings are correct you should see something like this. 'Test
If the test fails, check the error tab to see what went wrong. You will probably have entered a wrong server address or a wrong user name or password. If the email account you set up work, than click NEXT and FINISH to return to the main Outlook 2003 window. You can now test your account by sending an email or by clicking the Send/Receive button to retrieve new emails from the POP3 server.

I tried using the tools button on outlook express and set up as described.

Still no luck

???

Please create new profile and try..

1. Click on Start button in your desktop
2. Move your mouse pointer to Settings.
3. Click on control pannel which eventually will open a new window.
4. Try to find an icon named "Mail" When found double click on it.
5. Once double clicked a pop window would appear
6. Click on Show profiles.
7. Another window would open up. There you can add, remove, check properties and copy. To add click on add and type in the profile name you like.
8. If you would like the profile window to open up each time you start Microsoft Outlook, then check the bar where it says "Prompt for the profile to be used".

Ok I did all that , still no good, I get a message saying input username and password XXXXX I do, the box dissapears then comes back again

I am going mad with this

If you click on the test account settings ..what message is coming..
I did not have this option
Let me know are you able to login in to web mail account ..

I think your e-mail password XXXXX XXXXX ..

Reset the password XXXXX mail Id through the web...

Hello

Let me know is this worked for you..or esle do you need any further assistance on this problem.

Please don't forget to hit ACCEPT so I can get credit for my work. Give a Positive Feedback and Bonus will be highly appreciated Thank you Bineesh

Hello

Thank you for your help

I am still unable to log on to Out Look Express, despite trying all you suggested .
Do you have any other suggestions?

Please let me know are able to create the a new profile..

Check this link

HERE

This will help you to create new profile ..

Do the same configuration on this profile..

Thank you for that

I need to print it off so I can work through it, but now my printer will not work.

Will come nack to as soon as I have that sorted

Please copy that in to word file and follow the steps..

And let me know...

Ok printed off

followed the instructions, they are different to what I get on my screen

But still no joy

I put in

user name anna crawford

e amil address [email protected]

password >>>>>>>>>

Server pop3

incoming pop3.tiscali.co.uk

outgoing smtp.tiscali.co.uk

I can access and send via the web page but I prefer outlook express. Tiscali say its talk talks problem they say its tiscali's.

Let me know are you tried the test connection ..

I have never had this option on my screen

server
View Full Image

Is there any option like this..