itunes store and wow are not accessible, keeps giving message…

Customer Question
itunes store and wow are...
itunes store and wow are not accessible, keeps giving message network connection not available but i am still connected to internet
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

To assist you.. i need some info..

First.. how long has this issue been going on?

and second.

what version of windows do you have installed on your computer? xp.. vista?

and third..

do you have norton, mcafee, or some other antivirus?
Been going on for the last 3-4 days
Vista
AVG 9.0
Ok.. consider this step 1..if it works.. great.. if not..

We will continue,

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

Thanks.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
didn't work
Ok.. question.. did both itunes and wow stop working at the same time?

or did one go first.. and then the other?
same time as far as I know - kids computer
Ok.. just to be safe.. lets run a free program..

its a more targeted virus sweeper that is made to be used as a one time shot to find and destroy infections on the computer..

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You will have to click through a few windows, make sure to only download malwarebytes, the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Once downloaded, install and run the file.. When you run it, have it do a quickscan..

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. then have it remove what it finds..