My router is no longer reading the IP address my computers…

Customer Question
My router is no longer...
My router is no longer reading the IP address my computers are sending it. Replaced modem and ran an IP config with no problems. I am able to access the internet only by connecting directly to modem.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

im confused.. You said you thought it might be a bad internet card in the modem..

so you replaced it..

And now you have internet when wired directly into the modem?

Then where is the issue...

please elaborate on your issue.. Thanks.
I need to be able to connect the router to my modem in order to use my laptop wi-fi. The router is not reading any computer I connect to it. Only bypassing the router (not having it connected to anything) works.
Thanks..

what is the name brand and model of the router?
Belkin N1 Wireless

Model No. F5D8231-4
Please follow the short guide below to reset the router..

http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48/session/L3NpZC9tRW1STDYyaw%3D%3D/kw/f5d8231-4%20v300/r_id/166/sno/0

once reset.. power thr router off and on..

then.. try to hook it up again to the modem..

once it is hooked to the modem..

turn the belkin off.. then turn the modem off.. then turn the modem on

then turn the belkin on

then try to connect to the belkin wireless network.. it should be unsecured..

let me know what happens.

Followed the procedure three times to the letter...still does not work.