I am trying to load Microsoft Office Small Buisness 2007 that…

Customer Question
I am trying to load...
I am trying to load Microsoft Office Small Buisness 2007 that I bought tonight onto an Acer Aspire computer that I also bought tonight. McAfee blocks the install with a comment about compatability. I can get the 1st disk installed but only half way through the 2nd disk it says there is a problem, I go to the internet to check and Microsoft has no answer. I would prefer to talk this through if you could call me on 07 32647450
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please tell me the version of windows you have. I can then asssit you further.

Sorry but we do not offer phone support

2007

Do you mean windows 7?

Sorry - I am new at this. It is Microsoft Office Small Business 2007
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX need to know which version of windows you are running
How can I tell that? I assume it is Windows 7. I just bought it today and seem to recall Windows 7 popping up during the installation process

ok, thanks.

Please do the following.

Go to start, computer then in the new window go to the CD/DVD driver.

Right click on this and select expand

Look for the setup.exe file and right click on this. Select run as administrator

Then complete the installation

Please let me know if you have difficulties or require additional information

I will try this. I also have confirmation that it is windows 7. How will get access back to you after I have paid, if it does not work?

press CTRL+D now and this page is in your favorites, You can then come back via that.

please let me know if you require further information

Richard - I go to Start but there is no CD/DVD driver- what am I doing wrong?

go to start, then computer please
Richard - When I go to start, I cannot fiond a CD/DVD driver. Where should I be looking?

Please click start, then computer

Then in the new windows you will see the CD/DVD drive

please let me know if you still have difficulties

I am sorry but when I go to Start and then Computer, there is only a DVD RW drive and when I right click on that, there is no option to Expand.
ok, we are in the right place. Click on it with the left mouse button and you will see the files. Find the setup.exe and then follow my previous instructions please
Guess What - When I left click, and it has to be a double click, it comes up with a red X E:\ Application not found

ok, but when you close the window, do you see the files on the disk there?

No - when I close the window it is exactly the same as before I opened it. What sort of files am I looking for and on what disk?

you are looking for setup.exe

When you click on the CD/DVD drive in the left window, you will see its files in the right window come up. Please let me know how it goes

I do not believe that I am in the same window as you. I have gone to start, then to computer and in the computer window is the DVD RW Drive E:\ that I mentioned. When I right click it, a drop down box appears with 11 options starting with "install or run program from your media" This is followed by Open auto play, Open, and Open in new window. It goes on with few more and the last one is Properties. If I left click it I get the message I told you before -about the application not being found. I do not see anything like you are asking.

What can I do next!!

click open please
I Clicked open and the drawer where you insert the CD's on my computer opened
ok, unfortunatly I am out of ideas. I will opt out and allow another expert to take over.
It is now 11.00pm and I need to be up at 4.30am tomorrow so I have to close down soon unless I can have a solution within 15 minutes. Otherwise, can I resume this tomorrow night?
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

I have a different approach

when you right clicked on it..

instead of clicking open..

Id like you to click on open autoplay

tell me what happens?

I right clicked and left clicked on open autoplay and nothing happened
Mcafee could be blocking it..

lets try this..

shut the computer down... start it,.

immediately start tapping f8

choose safe mode with command prompt

now

double left click your cd drive with the office cd inside it.

it should start the install process.
Should I uninstall what is there first?
If you already have a version of office installed.. then yes.. you should uninstall it first..

When I shut down, there were 46 updates that were installed. Then it shut down. When I started it I was pressing F8 but it did not go to safe mode. It opened up normally. I clicked on the DVD RW drive in the Computer window and it started to load. It got as far as all previous attempts and then came up with the same error message
46 updates that were installed?

try this..

Restart the computer again.. let it start normally..

then download microsoft office small business from the link below

http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/free-download-microsoft-office-small-business-2007-download.html

try to install it from the free download.. you can always use your cd product key to activate it..

It may just be that the cd was bad..

let me know what happens.

Good Evening! I have returned from work and I have found your suggestion which I think is a great one. I have tried to log in but it keeps telling me that my email address is wrong or my password XXXXX XXXXX I have just switched from Optus to Bigpnd two days ago and my email address had to change so I do not know which one is active - if either!! I have tried using their incripted password XXXXX I cannot seem to get it right. Is there any way of bypassing this step. I am extremely frustrated!
My apologies for the delay..

Was off duty Friday..

Im on duty all weekend.. and the first three days of the week..

So i promise you will get a better response time..

Ok..

What is it that you tried to log into that you cant?

i thought we were working on installing micosoft small business office 2007?

Please elaborate.. And i will be more then willing to assist!