The Earthlink DSL CD suggests that I uninstall my anti virus…

Customer Question
The Earthlink DSL CD suggests...
The Earthlink DSL CD suggests that I uninstall my anti virus program (I have Norton) before installing the modem. But, I can't remember how I obtained the Norton ware and I have no cd, but there is a file (570 KB) for the application on Desktop. How can I re-install Norton after uninstalling it and get back my up- to -date paid up version?

sid
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com.

You Can uninstall and reinstall Norton back again.

The process is pretty simple.

First of all, as you have mentioned in your post above, please copy the Norton Application File(570 KB) on a flash drive or external HDD or burn it on a CD...just to take a backup of this application.

Once done need to run a tool known as Norton Removal Tool to completely unistall Norton from the system.

Before running this tool, you need to ensure that you have Norton's product key with you so that in case you need to install it again later, you should not face any difficulty.

To retreive the product key and to download and run the removal tool, please refer to the below link.

Norton Removal Tool

Please go through the steps mentioned carefully before performing them.

Do feel free to ask in case you face any difficulty.

Michelle,

I have a version called Norton Hotfix which was created in Aug., 2009, My subscription to Norton is good until March, 2011. I am a little confused here because I'm not sure what I had in March, 2009 at the beginning of the last year's contract. But the creation date on the file on Desktop is Aug. 27, 2009. Hotfix is not one of the options on the list of types. Any suggestions on which one to choose?

you need to remove norton completely from the system by using a norton removal tool from the link below after you run the tool it will remove norton completely from the system and then restart the computer and then insall the earthlink modem after that install norton from the link below after you install the trail version you can activate it using the activation key which you must be having.

Norton removal tool

Download norton