None of my sent emails are being received. The status is Sent…

Customer Question
None of my sent emails...
None of my sent emails are being received. The status is Sent without errors, they are not in the outgoing box. This has happened before and it just started working again, for no apparent reason. I tried bypassing my router and that did not work either.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

First, what program do you use to manage your email such as Outlook Express or IE?

If using an email program and not web mail then next disable the email filter on your antivirus software and then try sending email again.

I use outlook 2007. You know I just added another account to my OUtlook email, using the exact same servers and address and everything, was exactly the same, I tried sending email from that one and...

It worked for 3 emails then stopped!!!!

Ok then next try disabling the email filter on your antivirus software as that may be causing issues with Outlook.
oh crap, sorry I did that already, by your recommendation, didn't workYell
Ok then next follow the steps at the link below to compact the Outlook personal data file:

click here

then restart Outlook and test.

If that does not resolve the issue then next run the Detect and Repair tool following the procedure at the link below:

click here

And if the issue still occurs then follow the procedure at the link below to repair your personal data file:

click here
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

ALL right!!!! thanks so much!!! all that has gotta work!!! I am hittin the hay but will try this first thing in the morning.!!

Thanks David

Wanna know if it works?

This is for outlook 2000???? same procedure?

NM found it

HI, nothing worked

nothing worked, can I uninstall outlook and then reinstall it without losing all of my inbox and sent items?

Yes, since your information is held in data files that are separate from but used by Outlook, uninstalling then reinstalling Outlook will not affect your email and contacts.
OK that is what I m gonna try now, thanks
Ok just let me know if you need assistance with the uninstall or reinstall.

Ya I don't know how apparently,

Do I have to uninstall the whole office program? All I can find for OUtlook on it's own is a bunch of updates or security updates.

Instead when you are in Add/Remove Programs, select the Change button next to Microsoft Office then select Add or Remove Features then ncheck the box next to Microsoft Outlook 2003 and click Update. Then wait for Windows to uninstall Outlook from your computer and reboot.

Before doing this, I haven't done it yet, had to run out. But before I ran out I tried reconfiguring the whole Office 2007 app. it took a long time.

NOW I can forward things from this email, as long as the original email is not from my email account. It must have something to do with the settings...no? I cannot send new email or go to my sent folder and try to resend anything that is from me in the first place. SHould I still go ahead and uninstall or do you have another idea knowing this?

What changes were made?
I have no idea. Do you mean when it was reconfig'd, how do I find out?
What was reconfigured.

And to clarify, you are logged into the same Outlook account and can forward email but not send new email correct?
yes
What configurations were changed?
I have no idea, I don't know how to find out.
WHat about if I did a system restore? would that work?
Yes that should work if the last time this feature was working was recent enough that there is a restore point for a time before the issue first occurred.