I purchased Norton 360 4.0 two weeks ago and i am

Customer Question
I purchased Norton 360 4.0...
I purchased Norton 360 4.0 two weeks ago and i am not able to installthe new version. The disc is in the DVD/CD drive, but the computer is not recognising the drive. My computer is a Gateway GT5062E.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
If you put another CD in the drive, is it recognized?
Right now, it is not recognising a ny disc in the drive.
How about a music CD, will it recognize that?
It doesen't seem to recognize anything.
When did this start?
I haven't used the drive for several months
Okay When you open My Computer, do you see the drive letter?
Yes. But when I open the drive a window pops up stating this contains recovery partition protected by PC Angel
That's not the CD drive, then...
Which drive letters do you have in My Computer?
Local disc C, MMC /SD (F), Local Disc D (this is the drive I have used for music and to
read DVD & CD, Compact Flash/II (G), MS/MS P:ro (11). That's all that is in the listing.
I hope I didn't delete a drive by mistake.
Does drive D have a CD icon/picture, or it looks like drive C's picture?
It looks the same except the letter
Right click my computer, then click manage. Click device manager. Open cd drives, do you see a cd device?
What should I do after I open DVD CD drives?
Just tell me if you see any devices in there please.
TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552D
Ok, great.
Now click Disk Management (under my computer, properties, manage).
Do you see the CD drive?
Yes
It shows (C) Partition Basic NTFS Healthy SYSTEM
(d) Partition Basic FAT32 Healthy
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

i have a different approach id like to take..

please go to the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

click the green run now box on the page..have it run the diagnostic and fix any errors it finds..

once it has done so..

restart the computer.. then..

open and close the cd drive with the norton cd installed..

It should start installing automatically.. if not.

then go to the link below

http://www.symantec.com/norton/downloads/trialsoftware/register.jsp?pvid=n3604&om_ext_cid=hho_tbyb_us_cnet_n360_ppd_01

download the free trial..

And then you can install it..

And then you can use the product key or license you have with the cd.. to fully activate norton..

let me know if you run into any difficulties.. thanks.