I have a 2007 Acer 5620..... It keeps restarting on me without…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Acer...
I have a 2007 Acer 5620.....
It keeps restarting on me without notice and there is a screen that comes up before it shuts down but it clears off before I can read it. Is there some sort of problem with this version of Acer that I don't know about? That screen says I need to get help and its a serious problem but I've taken it to futureshop to get it fixed while I was under warranty and they kept telling me it was fixed but it isn't. Now I use this computer primarily for my work and I'm worried that it will crash and I'll lose everything so can you please help me. Also, what do I need to back up my computer? I don't know what I can back it up on to, nothing seems big enough. Please help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: joytinu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
Hi

Thanks for your question.

its a hardware problem, in most cases caused by overheating or Bad ram sticks.

to confirm if its a hardware problem. try running it in safe mode

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

if same thing happens in safe mode then you should get it replaced. HP and Acer computers (some models) are known to have heating problems.

You should call acer because they deal with the warranty and repair.(NNN) NNN-NNNN