im trying to place a number of files on my lacie hard drive.

Customer Question
i'm trying to place a...
i'm trying to place a number of files on my lacie hard drive. when i drag them over, the cursor turns to a "not allowed" symbol (a circle with a line through it) i noticed that in the upper left hand corner of the la cie finder window, there's a pencil with a line through it. how to i change that to make it able to accept files?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/10/2010
Tech Support Specialist: joytinu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
Hi

Thanks for your question.

Please start your computer in safe mode and see if you can cop.

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

in normal mode

right click on the hard drive in MY COMPUTEr

and select explore

there create a new folder and try copying there instead of dragging.

also disconnect your hard drive and restart your computer.

run a virus scan