replaced old router with different brand. during update ( adding…

Customer Question
replaced old router with different...
replaced old router with different brand. during update ( adding entry 1) got message. "invalid service name" what do i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Shauqat, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Shauqat
Shauqat, Computer Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Shauqat :

Hi

Shauqat :

Thank you for your query

Shauqat :

Please can you advise at what point you are getting this message

Customer: during "update router"
Shauqat :

Ok

Shauqat :

Please can you try the following

Shauqat :

Power down the router and remove the power cable for 15 minutes and then retry. Please can you also tell me where this update router is i.e. where does it come up

Customer: don't understand 2nd request. the router is between cable modem and computer.
Customer: gto
Shauqat :

Apologies for nto being clear

Shauqat :

What I am asking is where or when does it come up with 'during update', are you clicking on something to update the router?

Customer: using protforward.com
Customer: that's portforward.com
Customer: does windows 7 check for port requests when you run a program with special port requirements?
Shauqat :

Ok so does normal internet work? and the issue is with portforward only?

Customer: yes
Shauqat :

Ah Ok

Shauqat :

In that case I will opt out as I am not overly familiar with this type of software

Shauqat :

Wishing you the best

Customer: thanks for your efforts. gto