hi had a crash brand new computer went down full of virses.was…

Customer Question
hi: had a crash brand...
hi: had a crash brand new computer went down full of virses.was able to buy macafee two nights ago hav'nt got it to work yet,i seam to lack a special number or code i just got a new [email protected] [email protected] or com i have a confermation #
of c5755803350 could use a hand
Mike Ryan
ps.phone=860(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
namzyanzy
namzyanzy, Computer Support Specialist
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Are you able to boot to your desktop?
-Are you installing Mcafee to remove the viruses and infections?
-Where did you buy the Mcafee software?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Please carry out the following steps in order to download and install McAfee in your system:

From www.mcafee.com:

1. Go to http://us.mcafee.com.
2. Click Support at the top of the screen.
3. Click My Account.
4. Enter the email address and password you originally registered with and click Log In.
5. Find the product and click the blue arrow under Download/Install.
6. Wait while the service downloads.
7. After it is downloaded, follow the prompts to install the service.

OR

From www.mcafeestore.com:

1. Go to http://www.mcafeestore.com/mcafee/cs.
2. Enter your order number and password XXXXX the Quick Order Lookup box at the top right, and click Find.
3. Click Download.
4. Click Save and choose where you would like to save the product. We recommend saving the file to your Desktop for easier access.
5. After choosing the location on the Save As screen, click Save and your download will begin.
6. Once the transfer is complete, go to the location to which you downloaded the program and double-click on the file to begin installation.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the McAfee product.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

i was hopeing to just get a code or special number it seams the system is in thare all ready and dont need to install again.

I see; so McAfee is running all right on your system now?

Regards
not to good
In that case, first off, please download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool using the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/mzk9z

Done that, run it in order to remove any trace(s) of McAfee still present in your system, then reinstall the security program once again following the instructions I had enlisted in ym earlier post ..hopefully, this should resolve the issue all right.

Regards