I started a presentation on 2007, but have been working on…

Customer Question
I started a presentation on...
I started a presentation on 2007, but have been working on my office computer that has 2003, now it wont open, says error. Is there any way I can retrieve all my hard work ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

What is the exact error?

" An error occured in .....ppt"
I mean the "exact" error, is there any error codes? Have you tried opening it in 2007 version?
There is no error code, exact words are " there was an error accessing F\ diabetes management.ppt" . There is no computer with 2007 here in the office so no I havent opened it in that version yet.
It is stored in an external drive?
Its in my Sandisk USB, I made changes this am but did not save it on my desktop.
Is the powerpoint still open or you have closed it?
Its closed right now

I fear that the copy on the flash drive has gone corrupted. While saving it, you much have not saved it properly or you may have pulled the flash drive while the write/read is on without safely removing it, this might have caused the corruption.

Copy this ppt file to your computer's hard disc and try to open it from there, let me know what happens.

How do I copy it to the hard disc ?
Open the flash drive by double clicking on the icon in "My Computer" > Right click on it and choose copy > Come back to desktop and right click on any free space in desktop and choose paste.