Have recently done a System Recovery and I can no longer use…

Customer Question
Have recently done a System...
Have recently done a System Recovery and I can no longer use Windows Movie Maker or DVD Player - due I believe to lack of support from April 2010. Can I do anything to get them back.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Are they just not there at all?

Robert Preston :

Or what?

Robert Preston :

And what do you mean DVD player? Which specific program?

Customer:

I meant DVD Maker! They are there but , although they worked before the System Recovery, when I try to put in a video from my camcorder they stop working. Something to do with wrong format. The Vista System disc I used was three years old and I understand that Miscrosoft no longer give any support as from April 2010 and so it is something to do with the fact that I cannot get the correct updates - I think!! I would just like to know if there is anything at all that I can do to get the programmes working again.

Robert Preston :

Did you receive any software discs?

Robert Preston :

Asides from the recovery?

Robert Preston :

Try downloading the Vista version of Movie Maker from here:

Robert Preston :

Click Here

Robert Preston :

Download and install that

Robert Preston :

That should work

Customer:

No. I assume you mean - are there speparate discs for the Movie and DVD programmes. I just have the complete system disc.

Robert Preston :

OK try that for Movie Maker. For DVD Maker, you should be able to go into Control Panel > Programs > Then click "Turn Windows Features on and off"

Robert Preston :

click the + next to Media Features

Robert Preston :

Then check DVD Maker

Robert Preston :

If it's already checked, uncheck it, then go back in and recheck it

Customer:

You suggested that I download Movie Maker and gave me something to click on. I did that bit the 2.6 Movie Maker did not worth either.

Customer:

Cannot find Media Features!