I have just joined skype international, I have my skype name…

Customer Question
I have just joined skype...
I have just joined skype international, I have my skype name and password, I have confirmation of payment, but I have no icon, and every time I try it, I get some foreign language which I assume is trying to get me to enrol, I'mm FLUMMOXED!!!! Please advise me. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namstech, Electrical Engineer replied 8 years ago
namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer!

You mean that you have no skype icon on your desktop?

and when you open skype, it is not in English?

That is correct, I can't say that when I open skype, I don't get English, because I haven't bene able to open the thing yet, the non-English boxes come up on the screen, and I can't remove them unless I click on "Start"

Did you download and install the English version?
Yes

When you Run The Installation of Skype, the first screen that appears asks you to select the language of installation.

It seems that you had mistakenly selected some other language which now you can see as the Skype language.

It is recommended to uninstall Skype and then re-install Skype while making sure that on the first screen you select English as the language.

Regards
Thank you, I'll do that, but it doesn't explain why there's no icon on my screen, and why I can't sign in to skype