I have 431 members in one group and would like to create 2…

Customer Question
I have 431 members in...
I have 431 members in one group and would like to create 2 smaller groups having 1/2 the members in each group
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

First, please provide more details so that I can better assist you.

For what program do you need this requirement?
the program is outlook express
outlook express 6
Ok then next create two groups by following the instructions at the link below:

click here

Then add members to each group following the step by step at the link below:

click here

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.
I would like to transfer members from 1 group to the other group without retyping them in the new group since they are already in my address book
Ok so you can add them to one group and remove them from the other. No need to retype if they are already in the address book. So next in Outlook Express click Tools, Address Book, then right click on the group to which you want to move contacts to then click Properties. In the window that appears click Select Members then click the drop down menu at the top to select the address book then press and hold the CTL key while clicking once on each contact you wish to add to the group then click Select and then Ok and the contacts will be added to the group. Then open the properties for the group in which you want to remove the contacts and hold down the CTL key and click once on each contact to remove then right click on the highlighted contacts and click Remove then Ok.