How can I retrieve an original document that I changed and…

Customer Question
How can I retrieve an...
How can I retrieve an original document that I changed and saved as a newer version? I know this sounds like I'm a complete idiot, but we were experiencing two power blackouts and my brain got lost in the process of retrieving and saving. I want my original document and not the one I replaced it with.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

If you are referring to a word document here , it is possible that an auto-saved version of the file is present in the computer. Word saves opened documents in certain intervals for the same purpose.

Please check if there is a document in the following folder with your original document name :
C:\Documents and Settings\{Your user account name}\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\

It may not be the most recent version, but it will have most of the changes that you would have done.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.